SMART CITY – AMRAVATI
AMRAVATI SELECTED UNDER 100 SMART CITIES PROGRAM
Yet another Development in Amravati, the state government of Maharashtra has approved plans of eight municipal corporations, including Amravati Municipal Corporation (AMC), enabling local development and harnessing technology as a means to create smart outcomes for its citizens.
Smart Cities Mission is urban renewal and retrofitting program by the Government of India with a mission to develop 100 cities all over the country making them citizen friendly and sustainable.
TOURISM – I
- WADALI – Wadali Talao, one of the popular reservoirs
,issituated on the Chandur Railway Road, towards the east of Amravati.
- CHIKHALDARA – Chikhaldara is a Hill Station and the municipal council in Amravati district in the Indian state of Maharashtra
- MALKHED – Malkhed Dam, is an
earthfilldam on Kholadriver near Chandur, Amravati. It’s a famous picnic spot for weekends.
- MELGHAT – Melghat was declared a tiger reserve and was among the first nine tiger reserves notified in 1973-74 under the Project Tiger.
CULTURE AND RELIGIOUS PLACES
- During Navaratri, a fair of 9 days is organized where people from nearby cities, towns, and villages visit the famous Amba Devi Temple, participate and dance the Garba /Dandiya until late in the evening.
- The city is also known for the Sai Temple along with Bhaktidham situated in Sai Nagar Area.
- Kaundanyapur in Chandur Tahsil was the capital of Vidarbha and was ruled by the king named Bhismaka, the father of Rukmini.
TEXTILE TRADING COMMERCIAL MARKETS IN AMRAVATI
CITY (125 acres)
PARK (45 acres)
- CITYLAND BUSINESS HUB
Strategically located on Nagpur Highway, NH6, these markets currently